Thursday, January 31, 2013

What is an "Edible Experience"? . . .

That is probably the second most asked question in regards to SHY Cellars. What's the first most often asked question. . . ? . . ."when are you opening?!!!" The answer to "when are you opening?" is, hopefully in March. I'm bugging my hubby everyday! I have even offered to help with the construction. That's right, give me a hammer and I'll go to town. Let's just say that Ralph has not taken me up on that offer as of yet.

So, let's go back to the other question; what is an "edible experience"? The best way I describe this phrase we coined is, it is an experience with your food. Webster's define experience as: 1. a direct observation of or participation in events as a basis of knowledge  2. practical knowledge, skill, or practice derived from direct observation of or participation in events or in a particular activity  3.the conscious events that make up an individual life  4. something personally encountered, undergone, or lived through.

There's a pattern that lies in the word experience; it's knowledge, participation and something that you personally encountered. That's it in a nut shell. . . . we want to give you more than a meal. More than just another dinner in a restaurant. More than just food. We want to give you knowledge about what your eating. We want you to participate in the meal (that means more than just picking up the fork!). We want you to personally encounter your food.

Food is more than just something to fill the stomach, it should be an edible experience. Something you will remember. Something that stirs emotions. Something you learn. . ..not only about the food, but about yourself or the people you are with. So, all of us here at SHY Cellars, can't wait until you join us in Strasburg for your "Edible Experience". 


This was one of my edible experiences! We were in Italy, experiencing food in a wonderful way! My classmates and I enjoyed the food, but we also learned something new about food and each other! 

Until next time,
Cheers my friends! 

No comments:

Post a Comment